Level 2 Food Safety (Up to 12 candidates)
This course will provide basic training on the principles and practice of good food hygiene and a working knowledge to ensure good food safety practices.
This course is delivered over 1 day.
Who is this for?
This course is designed for all food handlers working in all aspects of the food industry including catering/licensed trade, food production and processing industries and also those in caring and voluntary situations involving food preparation or handling. Successful course participants will receive the Level 2 QCF Food Safety Certificate. We recommend this course is refreshed every 3 years.
- An introduction to food hygiene.
- Bacteria and their characteristics.
- Food borne diseases and foods at risk.
- Food poisoning.
- Personal hygiene and the working habits of the food handler.
- The working environment and equipment.
- Cleaning practices.
- Common food pests and their control.
- Food Safety legislation.