COSHH Awareness (Open Course)
Running on Friday 14th June – 9am – 12pm
This course is designed to provide essential information on legislation, responsibilities and requirements in order to maintain safe working practice in the workplace. Risk assessing all substances hazardous to health and the environment is a legal requirement and an absolute duty of all employers. This can also incorporate the DSEAR Regulations (Dangerous Substances Explosive Atmosphere Regulations) if required. COSHH Training in the UK is mandatory if you work with, or store, Substances Hazardous to Health. COSHH Training in Paisley office is a regular session but can also carried out on site.
This course is delivered over ½ day
Who is the course for?
COSHH awareness is for employees at any level and any sector, particularly for those with Health and Safety responsibilities. Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. We recommend this course is refreshed every 3 years.
- Introduction – an overview of the course
- Legislation – an outline of the key Health and Safety regulation
- The Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply)Regulations – The responsibilities of suppliers as identified under the CHIP regulations
- Recognition – understanding of the relevant warning symbols
- Requirements – How to comply with COSHH
- Risk – How to carry out a COSHH risk assessment and the importance of safety data sheets
- Effect – The effect hazardous substances can have on our health and safety
- Duty – The duty of both the employer and the employee and the responsibilities of each
- Spillages – How to deal with spillages and disposal in the appropriate way
- Personal Protective Equipment – The use of suitable PPE
- Health Surveillance – Requirement to provide Health Surveillance to employees on a regular basi
7 spaces available