Abrasive Wheel Safety Awareness (Open Course)
Abrasive Wheels Awareness Course Running at Maxsafe Head Office,110 Hawkhead Road, Paisley on 31st May 2019 – 9am to 12pm
Aims of the Course:
MaxSafe’s Abrasive Wheels Training Course will provide you with an introduction to working safely with abrasive wheels, to help understand risks, identify hazards and know which control measures are needed to prevent injury. The course will provide candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to safely operate Cut Off Saw and change/mount abrasive wheels.
By the end of the course, candidates will be able to:
- Identify and control potential hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels.
- Understand the correct method for storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels and correct wheel selection.
- Understand the BS marking system for abrasive wheels and wheel construction.
- List and explain the function of the controls used on Quick Cut Saw/Grinder.
- Demonstrate competence in mounting an abrasive wheel and adjustment of Guards.
- Demonstrate the correct method of Quick Cut Saw/Grinder Operation.
- Be aware of the legal requirements of an appointed person.
3 in stock